Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in all facets of manufacturing maintenance to support sustainable production as well as new equipment introduction when required. He/She must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect part quality, production efficiency, work cell ergonomics, equipment maintenance, etc... The successful candidate will also have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent. The candidate needs to have demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Equipment Operation Availability / % OEE improvement
- System development to track current shop conditions
- Identification of key areas of improvement
- Breakdown management
- Understanding of short term vs long term actions
- Systems used to prevent repeat occurrences
- PM / TPM development and implementation
- Reference to past improvement initiatives / % improvements
- Equipment spare parts management
- Critical vs non critical parts determination
- Audit methods to ensure no risk condition
- Training & development
- Assessment of current skills sets
- Training action plans
- Direct leadership of 1 maintenance crew covering a 24/7 operating capability
- Responsibility for manpower management: day to day line support, in-house repair work, vacation, OT & weekend work scheduling.
- Defining daily tasks and setting directions for the team
- Interaction with Production and Engineering Groups
- Interaction with customer departments and managers
- Standard development and creation of procedures and methods
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and minor contractor projects.
- Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of all necessary procedures; periodic maintenance tasks; equipment changes (electrical, spare parts upgrades, mechanical), etc.
- Assist with budget development and reporting.
- Maintain spare parts inventory. Identify and order needed parts, maintain tracking system.
- Training and directing the training of maintenance associates to support production requirements
- Experience in cell manufacturing preferred (other mass production industry is welcomed)
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance / equipment management / leadership role
- 3+ years of extensive experience with trouble-shooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance - breakdowns and failures
- Experience in team building, coaching and succession planning for technical and engineering personal
- Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment on a journeyman level. Experience within a department is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing skills and systems development
- Project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- German or English language skills required