The Associate Manager Production Operations Casting
will be responsible for meeting production forecast and ensuring policies and
procedures are carried out to achieve established company goals. The Operations
Manager will lead the Casting Production teams with a focus on Safety, Quality,
Shop Capacity and Cost. This position reports to the Gigafactory Berlin, Production
Operations Manager Casting/Plastics.
- Accountability for key shop metrics: First Time
Through, Overall Equipment Efficiency, Safety Matrix, Quality Targets and
Daily Production Plan.
- Support and meet all business plans, capacity
& headcount targets, and Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing
yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherences to best
- Help with implementation of and continued
adherence to Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive
- Ensure consistency in standards and
documentation; monitor and ensure compliance.
- Maintain and improve process control systems.
- Monitor and evaluate product key characteristics.
- Support new product and material introductions.
Interact with design team to coordinate new model launches.
- Develop, chart, track process metrics. Manage and
trend process equipment.
- Interact with Quality Management Team to correct,
contain, and resolve vehicle quality concerns.
- Support and manage continuous improvement
activities in safety, environmental, quality, cost, efficiency, and
productivity objectives; provide feedback to management on issues;
benchmark other organizations for best practices.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all
Business Management Systems (BMS) and Environmental Management Systems
- Enforce proper material management procedures.
- Leads in the interviewing, hiring, training, and
decision-making process for all production supervisors, production
associates and production engineer new hires.
- BS/MS degree in Industrial Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of prior manufacturing experience in
- Experience in a HPDC (High Pressure Die Casting)
- Fluency in English & German
- Experience with process improvement methodologies
to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Committed to continuous
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage
competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through
- Good understanding of standardized processes
- Ability to foster close working relationships
with team members and management.
- High-level leadership and decision making skills
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial planning for a large associate team
Skilled in leading, coaching and developing
direct reports across a broad range of engineering and technical
Broad experience with lean manufacturing systems
and methodologies, including; Tier Accountability, Layered Auditing,
Continuous Improvement and Kaizen Activities
Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and
Availability to cover shifts for all scheduled
PTO / absences as needed.
Availability for off-hours calls.
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.