Associate Operations Manager Cell (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As an Associate Operations Manager of Cell Production, you will be playing a critical role on the Operations team. You will lead a dynamic team of Supervisors, managing operations and metrics in critical areas of the Manufacturing floor. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our manufacturing and operations teams, interfacing with Engineering, NPI, and Material Flow, to ensure production goals are being met.
- Build a strong, motivated production team capable of consistently delivering high quality products against aggressive production targets
- Maintain a culture that prioritizes safety and quality through communication, action, and accountability
- Empower the production team to collaborate with engineering to improve product manufacturability and line productivity
- Ensure production teams receive effective training and workforce development
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & an environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Develop supervisory team for individual professional development
- Ensure production teams utilize standardized work and consistent work practices across shifts and areas
- BS or MS in Business or Technical discipline; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 5+ year experience managing teams of people in high volume manufacturing setting
- Experience in cell manufacturing preferred (other mass production industry is welcomed)
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills in German or English
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)