TGA-Bauleiter/ Site Manager Mechanical (m/f/d) – Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As a Site Manager Mechanical, you will play a critical role in building one of the most exciting factories in the world: Tesla’s Gigafactory Berlin. Projects will range from ground up construction to infrastructure and tenant improvements on facilities that support production lines. In addition to managing general contractors, subcontractors, and laborers, you will work cross-functionally with facilities engineering, commissioning, facilities, manufacturing, and production. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the installation and commissioning of mechanical systems while maintaining schedules and budgets.
• Provide expertise in the technical and constructability aspects of Mechanical systems and equipment:
o Compressed Air, HVAC, Chilled water, Hot Water
• Ensure quality design and construction of mechanical systems, and ensure schedule and budget targets are being met and exceeded.
• Identify and resolve schedule and budget risks from project initiation through design, install, commissioning, and turnover.
• Contribute to constructability reviews of design packages.
• Respond to problems in the field; quickly identify and execute solutions.
• Apply logistical support plans with contractors and customers
• Communicate with various teams to ensure quality inputs and outputs; interface between with engineering team, manufacturing team, production team, facility team, procurement, and commissioning team.
• Compile lessons learned for projects and apply to following projects.
• Enforce and maintain quality standards for engineering drawings and field installations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent vocational training up to Chief Mechanic (Meister) level
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a role that includes large industrial building construction projects
o Example: automotive, battery, semi-conductor, power plants, oil and gas / chemical plants.
• Read, analyze, and apply construction drawings, contractor bids, documents, and processes
• Good written and verbal communication in German and English
• Not afraid of change or uncertainty, but finds solutions and moves forward under high stress environment.
• Ability to read, interpret, and manage changes to:
o Awarded scopes of work and contracts
o Engineered Drawings
• High proficiency in Microsoft System tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Projects
• Willingness to spend a high percentage of time in the field and to get hands dirty as needed to complete objectives or find the correct information.
• Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines