Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is looking for a dispatcher to support one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position will support our production at our new factory in Berlin.
Tesla is setting up a transport team that is focused on moving our cars as soon as possible to the final delivery location. As main task to control the day-to-day operation of the Tesla Truck Fleet, ensure our cars leave the Factory side directly to their destination, assist drivers with their planning, documentation and focus on a process that is as efficient as possible.
Ideal candidates for this role will have strong attention to detail, superior problem-solving abilities, experience with trucks and driver's, and can provide quick and strategic solutions. We are looking for self-motivated team players passionate about standardization.
In short, you will work in the exciting, dynamic, and challenging world of transport, directly for the leading EV (Electric Vehicle) car manufacturer.
- Plan, schedule and dispatch the transport means:
- Check trucks positions and ensure quick departure and plan arrivals for reload.
- Assign trucks and drivers to new trips, monitoring their maximum shift hours and (bi-)weekly restrictions.
- Short / long term production forecast.
- Ensure the right (customs) documentation is prepared and problem solve challenges coming our way.
- Ensure that Tesla internal IT (Information Technology) programs are up to date and provide input on how to improve the workflow.
- Perform tasks independently with minimal supervision.
- Readily communicate with Tesla team members on status of assignments.
- Follow all safety procedures and legal.
- Must meet exact delivery deadlines consistently.
- Miscellaneous jobs as required.
- 1-3 yrs. Logistics / business / purchasing and/or finance background.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Strong Excel background
- Technical Writing experience a plus
- Purchasing or logistics experience preferred.
- Automotive industry experience in areas of Logistics Control and Vendor Management a plus.
- Experience with ERP or MRP purchasing systems.
- Experience working with a global team.
- A self-identified problem solver and lifelong learner
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including engineers and supply chain. And sales professionals
- Good negotiation, written and verbal skills.
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details.
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills.