Cell Abuse Test Engineer (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Engineering & Information Technology
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
We are looking for an engineer to perform battery cell abuse testing across several programs, including vehicle and energy storage. In this role, you would be responsible for a variety of tests spanning electrical, thermal, and mechanical abuse. You would own the testing end-to-end: planning, execution, and results interpretation.
- Perform cell abuse tests working closely with technicians and set schedules and priorities for regulatory, consistency and due care purposes.
- Look for opportunities to improve throughput and data quality. Collaborate with Test Systems Engineer to realize improvements to fixtures or test software.
- Serve as first point of contact for test rig troubleshooting.
- Process raw results into meaningful conclusions. Share reports with internal technical teams, external suppliers, and occasionally to executives.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for test equipment.
- Study variation in results based on cell design and test conditions. Propose and execute plans to reduce / understand variation.
- BS or MS in mechanical, electrical, chemical engineering or similar; prefer experience with heat transfer and electrical fundamentals.
- 2+ years’ experience in physically-applied engineering (lab, machine shop, hobby project…)
- Must be hands-on (assembly, fabrication/modification, instrumentation, wiring, electrical troubleshooting).
- Enjoys working in cross-functional groups and leading/working alongside technicians
- Statistical background a plus
- CAD experience a plus
- Experience in Matlab, SQL, Labview a plus
- Experience with instrumentation / data acquisition, National Instruments preferred
- Able to plan/schedule many concurrent activities in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment