Cell Shop Senior Leader (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The cell shop senior leader will lead Tesla’s cell production and engineering organizations. They will provide hands-on support, leadership, and direction to ensure production forecasts are accomplished and manufacturing expansion projects are delivered. This role will drive continuous improvement across manufacturing (e.g. output, quality, yield, cost) while bringing first-in-the-world equipment, process, and product to mass scale. The ideal candidate strives to create an environment that is productive, encourages open communication, and inspires collaboration that is exciting and fun.
- Direct factory build and expansions programs through all aspects - design, development, equipment installation, qualification and ramp through high volume production
- Accountable for introduction of new products, new materials and upgrades into factory. Support design teams, creating process plans, tracking budget costs and project schedules and developing countermeasures for timely completion of project goals
- Responsible for delivery of key production performance indicators – output, cost, (FTT) first time yield, safety, quality targets, and production staffing
- Build and lead large teams to achieve production and expansion objectives
- Drive high quality standards and rigor in every aspect e.g. process control, production monitoring, key product metrics, consistency in documentation, and 5S initiatives
- Develop and deliver continuous improvement initiatives in safety, environmental, quality, cost, efficiency, and productivity objectives
- Lead by example of positive reinforcement and make Tesla a World Class Manufacturing organization
- Drive Safety and Environmental compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 15 years’ experience in high volume, high quality, precision, high speed and / or continuous process manufacturing and engineering; 5 years plant level leadership or equivalent
- Experience leading engineering programs to ramp to commercial scale a new products, or materials or manufacturing equipment
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, well organized, and able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed
- Effectively at drive initiatives across boundaries for the best outcome by working with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, and Test and Quality departments
- Excellent problem-solver, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive for success with professional skills.