Construction Cost Specialist (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
We are currently hiring for a Construction Cost Specialist for the Gigafactory in Berlin to support our EPC team. This individual will be responsible for reviewing construction billings for accuracy, determining contractor compliance, working and resolving contractor/vendor payment issues or discrepancies, communicating and collaborating with the corporate Accounts Payable department, and will have a knack for finding and improving any processes or system issues that can lead to risk. You quickly adapt to shifting directions or policy changes and make informed decisions in an ever-changing culture.
- Review construction pay applications, as well as CAPX (capital expenditure)and site services invoices, for accuracy, contract compliance, and funding allocation.
- Work with construction buyers and managers to resolve PO/invoice funding discrepancies as they arise.
- In conjunction with the Contracts Compliance Administrator, develop processes for tracking construction progress billing documents, such as lien waivers, retention, and project closeout documentation per industry best practices.
- Communicate construction billing expectations to new contractors during site on-boarding meetings and provide additional training as needed.
- Explain and enforce tax incentive requirements mandated by Berlin-Brandenburg to vendors and internal staff.
- Collaborate with the corporate AP team to improve invoicing/payment processes and provide training for Gigafactory-specific invoice requirements.
- Communicate issues to AP and IT when system or process changes interrupt work cycle or deviate from State requirements; propose solutions.
- Advanced bookkeeping and intermediate accounting skills
- Experience with construction project billing
- Experience performing QA (quality assurance) for data entry or invoicing
- Succinct and informative communication style, verbal and written
- A knack for finding process or system faults that could lead to risk, and methods to correct/solve them
- A sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent German preferred
- Quickly learn proprietary purchase-to-pay software and provide training, explanation, or problem resolution for system quirks, to multiple levels/types of staff
- Generate meaningful funds reporting from raw data
- Work with little oversight or direction, but also responsive to feedback when provided
- Work collaboratively on projects with different organizations (procurement, Accounts Payable, application developers, construction management)
- Adapt to quickly shifting direction or urgent needs
- Independently prioritize responsibilities