Tesla is looking for an experienced, dedicated and well-organized Construction Superintendent to join our Construction team working on Gigafactory Berlin. This position will require someone who is adaptable and flexible in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced positive environment.
The Construction Superintendent will work closely with members of the project management, infrastructure engineering, manufacturing engineering, project controls and procurement departments from install through start of production. The Construction Superintendent will supervise all on-site construction including scheduling of trade contractors, vendor tool installations, resolving day to day construction issues, performing day to day inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications while tracking project schedule and budget.
· Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
· Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew of self perform laborers
· Allocate general and daily responsibilities
· Supervise and train workers and tradespeople and the use of machinery and equipment
· Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
· Resolve problems when they arise
· Develop execution plans/schedules
· Ensure frequent communication with key project individuals, job site personnel and Project Manager
· Drive the project schedule and elevate construction issues to management
· Develop and communicate logistics and other operational plans necessary
· Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing the applicable state and Occupational Health and Safety regulations
· Understand project plans and specifications
· Work with tool vendors as needed to facilitate successful project completion
· Track and receive material deliveries and resolve delivery discrepancies
· Perform daily and weekly site progress reports
· Direct work in field, track changes, etc. both individually and leading or participating in a larger team
· Maintain an organized and clean job site. Including contractor trailers, fabrication areas and stored materials/equipment
· Interact with third party inspection personnel and authorities and inspectors
· Supervise on-site laborers
· Evidence of exceptional ability
· Previous experience as a Superintendent (Polier) on previous industrial facility construction, Brownfield construction, building renovation or tenant improvement project(s).
· Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and ambitious goals.