Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The General Assembly Sustaining Controls Engineer candidate is to have an extensive, theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of automation and control systems usually deployed within a General Assembly shop. The applicant must have related equipment and assembly system prior experience within the Automotive Manufacturing Industry. The role requires the potential applicant to have the ability to support existing automation systems as well as demonstrated previous experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization tasks, including equipment upgrades & system modifications.
• Overall responsibility for all controls related activities in the General Assembly shop, leading and assisting production and manufacturing engineering teams in all controls related topics and control system issues that may arise.
• Support and assist the maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and equipment reliability issues.
• Responsible for implementing and managing continuous process optimization including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and to increase equipment availability and process error proofing.
• Support the installation, commissioning and production ramp of newly installed equipment, heavily working with the system vendors to ensure the installed equipment meets the highest of standards possible.
• Participate in Engineering Safety Risk assessments, Control safety system reviews, Factory and Site Acceptance Testing events and equipment buy off / approvals.
• Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications.
• Responsibility for designing, selecting, managing, programming, and commissioning of automation equipment used to improve/upgrade the existing systems.
• Identify weak areas of the production systems using root cause analysis and first principles thinking, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means.
• Implement and maintain quality control methods including poke yokes, data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting.
• Optimization and improvement of human machine interfaces, and SCADA systems and MES interfaces for the Global General Assembly organization.
• Creation and improvements of equipment safety standards, and the implementation of those standards into the manufacturing equipment, including periodic checks and qualification inspections.
• Understand and program using several different programming styles, including ladder logic, statement list, Function Block Diagram, Structured Text and high level languages such as C#, Python and an overall understanding of Databases
• BS in electrical, mechatronics, or mechanical engineering. Or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of professional controls engineering experience.
• 5+ years of advanced PLC programming knowledge on Rockwell, Siemens or equivalent PLCs in a professional environment.
• HMI programming /SCADA experience – AB Factory talk, WinCC, Ignition or equivalent packages.
• Proven project management experience.
• Strong Industrial networking experience, network configuration and communication system troubleshooting abilities.
• Fanuc/Kuka Robotic programming skills is strongly desired.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, EPLAN, and experience working with electrical diagrams and prints.
• Flexibility in working weekends and night shift as required.
• Fluent speaker of the English and German languages.