Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is seeking a dynamic and creative problem solver to join the Global Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Team and lead environmental compliance for Gigafactory Berlin construction and manufacturing operations. He or she will be responsible for ensuring Tesla operates in compliance with national and regional environmental laws and regulations during all phases of site operations (construction, start-up, and full production). This position will also serve as the environmental subject matter expert and the main environmental regulatory point of contact for the facility.
This position will be based in Berlin, Germany area and will require some limited international travel (up to 10% of the time) to Tesla’s North American and EMEA operations.
- Ensure Tesla operates in compliance with all applicable national, regional, and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain the environmental legal register / rule applicability matrix and compliance calendar.
- Leads all environmental permitting efforts (air, waste, water).
- Prepare and submit all required environmental compliance reports for air emissions, water discharges, hazardous waste generation, and energy consumption.
- Perform daily visual site inspections to verify compliance.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret environmental data to assess risk and evaluate compliance.
- Perform risk assessments on new or modified equipment or processes and select controls as appropriate to mitigate risk.
- Review and provide feedback on new processes and equipment design and validate it complies with environmental regulations.
- Interface with regulatory authorities and oversee regulatory inspections.
- Administer the Management of Change (MOC) program to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Conduct and/or support incident analysis and drive corrective actions.
- Identify, analyze, and track new and emerging environmental regulations and implement programs and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Ensure prompt appropriate corrective action are completed when safety hazards are identified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or a closely related EHS discipline; alternatively the equivalent in experience.
- 1 or more years of experience managing environmental compliance programs for manufacturing facilities and/or construction projects.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills implementing and complying with the following national regulations at a large manufacturing facility:
- Evidence of exceptional ability and demonstrated success managing environmental compliance programs.
- Fluent in German and English (verbal and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.