Tesla is accelerating the world's transition
to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed
within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only
possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for
rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important
pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement
ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand
this success story together.
The successful Equipment Engineer
candidate will gain broad-based industrial maintenance experience, encompassing
Electrical/PLC, Robotics, Mechanical, Painting, Machining, Hydraulics/Pneumatics,
Conveyor systems, etc. Must be willing to tackle whatever technical challenge
presents itself, and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas
- Drive development and continuous improvement of equipment, paint process
and standards within the Paint shop.
- Perform root cause analysis on equipment bad actors and major unplanned
downtime. Develop and implement solutions using problem solving analysis such
8D and several other tools.
- Work in a team of engineers and technicians as an in-house integration
team that scopes and executes projects from concept through to start-up and
- Foster a creative and innovative environment to seek out novel but
practical solutions to day-to-day problems and projects.
- Become subject matter expert on all equipment – mechanical, electrical,
instrumentation and controls – and train other engineers and technicians in the
- Takes initiative to create, implement and improve PM documents and
schedules, under the direction of the maintenance management
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development, cost
reduction and improvement working with Spares Coordinator and Maintenance
Engineering to RMA faulty components and communicate needs to the vendor.
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross functional
groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review
procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Active leader of a TPM team while taking on improvement projects to
assist in improving the factory.
- Design and Implement Equipment Reliability Improvement Projects.
- Escalation route for production line equipment: alarms, breakdowns, and
Production requests to minimize downtime.
- Drive quality concerns and voice of the customer to the paint process
and implement changes based on these requirements
- Become subject matter expert on paint key process input variables such
as paint incoming quality, mix room operations and others
- Coordinate actively paint suppliers, using their expertise to improve
and manage process quality
- Support Maintenance and Engineering Supervisors managing people if
- BS degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Fluent speaker of the English and German languages.
- Knowledge on paint processes and robot programming (Dürr equipment is a
- Manufacturing supervision experience preferred.
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a
collaborative work team.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team
oriented work environment.
- Enjoys Troubleshooting and Problem Solving.
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as
general machining and welding.
- Proficient in the use of computer software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical
- Willing to perform shift work (nights) and overtime as required.
What we offer
You will be working in
our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the world's most interesting
problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the
world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares
or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30
vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.