Facilities Electrical Engineer - Maintenance (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Maintenance Team works around the clock on infrastructure systems to maximize performance and availability. Through a combination of preventative and corrective maintenance they ensure these systems operate as intended, and when they don't they're returned to service as soon as possible.
- Perform Energy Audits, Provide Energy Usage Calculations Circuit Analysis for critical load throughout the plant and circuit protection for Voltage Sag for critical loads.
- Validation, optimization and efficiency analysis for cost savings and reduction of energy throughout the plant.
- Prepare engineering specifications for bid invitation, performed bid evaluation and conformed bid evaluations for purchase
- Coordinate downtime activities and needs between maintenance, construction, and production.
- Should be able to provide base cost estimating services within the electrical scope and work with trades to drive value for Tesla.
- Evaluate quotes related to any ongoing maintenance (preventative) activities
- Reviews and provides written comments on design plans and specifications prepared by others.
- Establishes standards and specifications for installation, modification, quality control, testing, operation, inspection and maintenance of Emergency Power Supply System (EPSS) and high voltage electrical systems according to commissioning standards, EPSS engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Provide technical and configuration support for the implementation and maintenance of energy systems utilizing tracking techniques and trending software.
- Facilitates the implementation of improvements in electrical asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability.
- Drive root cause analysis on process or asset failures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 8+ years of direct construction experience building high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.)
- “Schaltberechtigung 110kV/10kV” according to german law preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface with multiple engineering disciplines
- Medium Voltage equipment including – operating/maintaining the equipment, trouble shooting and programming /adjusting medium voltage relays.
- Expert in electrical safety procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level
- Proven track record of managing budgets and evaluating construction related quotes and contracts.