Factory Software Engineering Manager (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Engineering & Information Technology
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As a Software Engineering Manager focused on Giga Berlin implementation, you will oversee the factory specific engineering needs including requirements, design, and development with a focus on manufacturing and supply chain. You will direct the work of software engineers and ensure that best practices are applied when delivering products. You will require exceptional technical, interpersonal, project management and organizational skills to develop technical solutions which are aligned with Tesla’s go-to-market strategies.
- Responsible for Giga Berlin factory software & IT applications initiatives.
- Responsible to align with business stakeholders and the rest of the engineering leaders on key initiatives.
- Assess the risk of the software deployment, control the schedule of the deployment.
- Assembles the technical team, identifies needed resources, assigns responsibilities and develops timeframes to facilitate successful completion of product activities and deliverables
- Responsible for compatibility and consistency with existing architectural and enterprise standards
- Stays abreast of current technologies and contributes and participates in the analysis and recommendation of new strategies and/or technologies to improve the service experience
- Conducts complex technical feasibility studies and integration projects
- Ensures that project team and/or staff develop and maintain internal documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience as the technical manager responsible for mid-size teams
- At least 12 year’s experience developing and deploying large scale MES systems
- Knowledge of ERP, MRP and material flow system, familiar with GSM work flow;
- Technical skills and experience of one or more of these technologies: PLM, PLC, SCADA is a big plus
- Knowledge of JIT and Lean manufacturing
- Participating cross functional manufacturing leadership meeting, clearly elaborate the plan of gap close and feature enhancement. Handle the escalation from production teams;
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with experience managing large teams
- 5+ years of programming experience working with server side languages such as Java and .Net and a strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Experience in continuous integration/deployment toolchains leveraging common technology such as Puppet, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka
- Good understanding of application security (authentication, authorization, etc.)
- Strong understanding of performance testing concepts and tools, with the ability to positively influence architecture and design decisions
- Ability to act as technical leader, evangelist, mentor and trainer for senior as well as junior team members
- Experience increasing production uptime and test coverage through process and automation
- Track record of reducing customer impacting defects