Global Supply Analyst, Logistics/Freight (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Tesla Indirect Procurement team is looking to hire a skilled Supply Analyst / Tactical Buyer to execute the tactical and operational buying strategy for the Gigafactory project. This person should have in-depth knowledge of the freight handling markets and suppliers, and have experience in negotiating contracts for this commodity. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Responsibilities & Profile :
- Responsible for procuring logistics services (freight and warehousing operations) projects in the overall Tesla Logistics domain to support the operations of the new Tesla Gigafactory:
- Freight sourcing projects for different transport mode, external supplier warehousing & custom brokers services.
- Operation support on Invoices / optimizations / TMS integrations
- Spot desk / adhoc request transport management
- Other assigned but related commodities within the Gigafactory project
- Provide the Tesla Gigafactory organization with buying power, develop and challenge the strategies and look for opportunities to reduce costs, decrease risk and/or improve reliability
- Prepare and present best procurement options for assigned procurement projects
- Manage RFQ’s and negotiate & close contracts
- Work and plan with Tesla ERP and eProcurement systems
- Manage the Procure-to-Pay processes for your suppliers as well as rates disputes
- Negotiate, evaluate and issue purchase orders
- Process of data collection and analysis of spend data for your commodities.
- Review change order proposals and make approval or rejection recommendations.
- Developing solid understanding of cost drivers
- Maintaining day-to-day supplier relationships regarding catalogues, pricing and orders
- You live and breath procurement! You have a drive to make sure that all assigned programs are fully under control for Gigafactory set-up and growth. You have a vision and you are not afraid to execute on that!
- Minimum is Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience along with evidence of exceptional ability
- Min 2 years Supply Chain/Purchasing experience
- Min 2 years of experience in Freight Handling procurement on European level
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills, advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment with high demand to flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Fluency in English and German is a must
What do we offer:
- Working in a great team!
- Able to develop yourself, personal growth is in our DNA
- International experience, great colleagues
- Competitive salary and Tesla equity (you will be an owner of Tesla!)