Global Supply Manager, Construction (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
The Gigafactory Procurement team is looking to hire a skilled Global Supply Manager to execute the infrastructure development sourcing strategy for the Gigafactory Berlin project. This person should have in-depth knowledge of construction suppliers and contractors and have experience negotiating contracts. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic work place.
- Execute the Infrastructure Development sourcing strategy for construction scopes.
- Develop strong stakeholder support and cooperation on commodities ranging from facilities and construction services to material buyouts.
- Pre-qualify and synthesize supplier, industry and market research for construction commodities to develop sourcing strategy.
- Process of data collection and analyzes of spend data for construction commodities.
- Ensuring commodity spend is managed efficiently and effectively and within contract compliance.
- Supporting commodity business planning and savings.
- Establish measurement metrics and tools to monitor progress, such as tracking labor productivity burn rates
- Implementing Worldwide/Regional/Country agreements, as necessary, to consolidate suppliers/spend.
- Provide analysis of existing requirements and pricing to ensure the most cost-effective options.
- Analyze historical spend as well as forecast spend and savings by commodity/business.
- Develop solid understanding of cost drivers and contracts by commodity
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues.
- Identify and negotiate commercial cost reduction opportunities
- Support Engineering to identify suppliers available for sourcing.
- Issue RFx (RFQ, RFB, and RFP) for sourcing construction commodities.
- Review, analyze and clarify quote packages from suppliers and service providers. Make and present recommendations to award.
- Support/Lead a strategic sourcing approval process.
- Work on “Lean” initiatives and identify other sourcing efficiencies via benchmarking, VA/VE, competitive quotes and resourcing.
- Negotiate, evaluate and issue PO’s for construction commodities.
- Review change order proposals and make approval or rejection recommendations.
- Support the purchase order closeout process including reconciliation of material receipts, billings, changes, and payments.
- At least three to eight years’ experience in purchasing, preferably in the Infrastructure, Construction or Facilities space.
- Additional experience in project controls or construction management preferred.
- MS or BS in Engineering, Construction Management, and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Bluebeam and/or Acrobat.
- Hi-tech, construction and/or automotive industry experience.
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills. Advanced excel skills a must have.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Strategic Sourcing, Opportunity Analyses, and Contract Negotiations.
- Experience in executing Change Management processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details.