Global Supply Manager, Industrial Services (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Tesla Indirect Procurement team is looking to hire a skilled Suply Manager to execute the Industrial Services strategy for the GigaBerlin project.
This person should have in-depth knowledge of industrial markets and suppliers and have experience in negotiating contracts for goods and services. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a superfast paced, dynamic work environment.
Responsibilities & Profile:
- Responsible for procuring generic industrial goods and services to support the development, construction and operations of the new Tesla GigaBerlin factory :
- Tooling & Equipment projects & maintenance (based on TCO)
- Industrial products & services (material handling, consumables, cleaning, other)
- Engineering services for production optimization
- Other assigned but related commodities within the GigaBerlin project
- Responsible for the Industrial Services catalogues, incl. master data, such as: vendors, pricing & country of origin.
- Executing sourcing best-practices and driving their adoption by partnering with internal Tesla stakeholders on a global level
- Analyze spend as well as forecast spend and cost reduction opportunities
- Ensuring commodity spend is managed efficiently and effectively and within contract compliance
- Delivering new development cost reductions by leading strategic sourcing programs
- Monitoring contract compliance, customer satisfaction and solving operational issues with your vendors
- Issuing RFx for sourcing the assigned commodities, find the best vendors / partners for Tesla
- Work and plan with Tesla ERP and eProcurement systems
- Support the Procure-to-Pay processes for your suppliers
- Reviewing, analyzing and clarifying quote packages from vendors
- Prepare and present best procurement options for assigned procurement projects
- Negotiate, evaluate and issue purchase orders
- Process of data collection and analyzes of spend data for your commodities.
- Supporting commodity business planning and savings.
- You live and breath industrial services procurement! You have a drive to make sure that all industrial programs are fully under control for GigaBerlin set-up and growth. You have a vision and you are not afraid to execute on that!
- Minimum is Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience along with evidence of exceptional ability
- Min 4 years Purchasing/Vendor Management experience
- Min 4 years of experience in industrial services on European level
- APICS / NEVI certification is a plus but not a necessity
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills, advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment with high demand to flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Fluency in English and German is a must
What do we offer:
- Working in a great team!
- Able to develop yourself, personal growth is in our DNA
- International experience, great colleagues
- Competitive salary and Tesla equity (you will be an owner of Tesla!)