Global Supply Manager MEP - Construction Procurement / Globaler Einkaufsmanager Mechanik/Elektrik/Installation Einkauf Bau (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin - Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency. The new Tesla Gigafactory in Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Tesla Construction Procurement team is looking to hire a skilled Global Supply Manager to execute the tactical and strategic buying strategy for the Gigafactory Berlin project. This person should have in-depth knowledge of the Construction MEP markets & suppliers and have experience in negotiating contracts for this commodity. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a superfast paced, dynamic work environment.
Responsibilities & Profile :
- Based upon your experience and background, responsible for procuring Construction, MEP and Infrastructure Projects to support the build, development and operations of Gigafactory Berlin.
- Support Engineering to identify suppliers available for sourcing these construction related projects.
- Execute the sourcing strategy for above mentioned construction scopes (issue RFQ and RFP)
- Review, analyze and clarify quote packages from suppliers and service providers. Make and present recommendations to award.
- Negotiate, evaluate and issue PO’s for construction commodities.
- Review change order proposals and make approval or rejection recommendations.
- Develop strong stakeholder support and cooperation on commodities ranging from facilities and construction services to material buyouts.
- Pre-qualify and synthesize supplier, industry and market research for these construction commodities .
- Ensuring commodity spend is managed efficiently and effectively and within contract compliance.
- Establish measurement metrics and tools to monitor progress, such as tracking labor productivity burn rates
- Implementing Worldwide/Regional/Country agreements, as necessary, to consolidate suppliers/spend.
- Provide analysis of existing requirements and pricing to ensure the most cost-effective options.
- Develop solid understanding of cost drivers and contracts by commodity
- Identify and negotiate commercial cost reduction opportunities
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues.
- You live and breath construction procurement! You have a drive to make sure that all assigned programs are fully under control for Gigafactory Berlin set-up and growth. You have a vision and you are not afraid to execute on that!
- MS or BS in Engineering, Construction Management, and/or evidence of exceptional experience.
- At least five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience in construction procurement, with proven track record in the Mechanical, Electric and Piping (MEP) space.
- Strategic Sourcing, Opportunity Analyses, and Contract Negotiations
- Additional experience in project controls or construction management preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Aconex and Acrobat.
- Hi-tech, construction and/or automotive industry experience.
- Experience in executing Change Management processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details.
- Fluency in English or German is a must
What we offer:
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you`ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.