Electrical supervisor is responsible for coordinating and directing contractors in the execution of construction projects from site work thru completion. This includes working proactively and closely with contractors. All completed work shall meet or exceed industry standards and the job drawings and specifications, and within Company safety objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support the build, commissioning and installation activities
• Participate in Factory Witness Testing
• Review work method statement and Inspection test plan for areas turned over to the client.
• Review project documentation to determine how the system should perform.
• Oversee commissioning activities to fit into the project schedule.
• Meet with project stakeholders to discuss commissioning activities, report on progress, and request adequate commissioning time.
• Sequences of operations development and documentation
• Working hands on to test, document and commission products using defined processes
• Liaise with design, production, service and Installation departments
• Testing and completion of handover documentation and formalities on project completion.
• Skilled in Medium Voltage and Low Voltage power distribution equipment including specification of electrical equipment, troubleshooting, programming /adjusting of medium voltage relays, distribution level transformers, switchgear, and circuit breakers.
• Start-up, verification and optimization of hardware systems
• Handover and performance testing of completed machines
• Verification of machine reliability and performance.
• Coordinates with and directs contractor personnel
• Interprets plans and specifications.
• Plans and tracks work to schedule
• Inspects all work in progress to ensure quality.
• Communicates any deviations and accounts for them properly.
• Ensures all activities are done safely.
• Documents daily activity and submits management reports
• Produces and follows up work lists and punch lists
• Evidence of exceptional ability
• Qualifications in the field of Electrical Engineering or appropriate industry experience and knowledge.
• Equipment startup experience (witnessing contractor activation and testing of equipment)