Inventory and Cost Manager (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Inventory and Cost Manager for the Automotive product line, will interface with operatives and leaders across multiple departments, including but not limited to Operations, Supply Chain, R&D and Manufacturing. This a challenging position to create, to innovate, and to automate the processes. Great vision to provide insight and foresight to management teams and turn analytical to corrective actions is required.
- Manage monthly close activities related to inventory and cost of manufacturing. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of close procedures.
- Build and manage a team of analysts of various disciplines, including Fixed Asset and Cost Analysts.
- Ensure process integrity within manufacturing, intercompany, and inventory while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues. Drive process improvements and system automation.
- Review variance analysis such as Purchase Price Variance, cost revaluation, Invoice to PO price variances.
- Review inventory reconciliations and flux analysis including capitalized freight, material variances, manual accruals and perpetual inventory.
- Partner with various teams to ensure Bill of Materials accuracy including knowledge of cost reduction impact on financials.
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing accounting and ensure SOX 404 compliance
- Collaborate cross functionally on projects that impact Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold
- Assist with and ensure successful quarterly and year end audits
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area (or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years´ experience in leading a team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting preferably in a large manufacturing environment with evidence of exceptional ability (Experience in automotive industry is a significant advantage and will be preferred)
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles
- Strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system and articulate the key findings to management
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial, distribution and manufacturing systems
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Positive “can do” attitude and highly analytical; enjoys challenges
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with large data sets
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Fluent German and English