Lab Manager, Cell Testing (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As the lab manager, you will join a core technology team tasked with understanding the physical and chemical degradation mechanisms in all cell chemistries used in Tesla products. This position requires frequent interaction with a cross functional team to ensure test plans are structured in a way to maximize Tesla’s understanding of cell lifetime behavior and production quality. A successful candidate will develop targeted test plans, guide the day to day activities of a team of engineers and technicians, and create a safe and world class lab.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and communicate status of lab testing activities
- Write test plans, propose design of experiments and direct team members to highest priority tasks
- Coordinate cell level destructive physical analysis and other analytical techniques to analyze mechanisms of energy and power loss in cells
- Be a member of a cross functional product development team to help determine the ideal cell chemistry and design for Tesla’s applications
- Partner effectively with facilities and architecture teams for lab upgrades
- Experience in managing and leading the daily activity of direct support personnel
- Strong ability to plan around multiple priorities and communicate status of work activities
- Familiarity with lithium-based battery technologies and charging requirements is a plus
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment used in battery cell testing or equivalent
- Knowledge about degradation mechanisms in many different cell chemistries would be a plus