Leiter Projektsteuerung Bau/ Project Controls Manager Construction (m/f/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Leiter Projektsteuerung Bau/ Project Controls Manager Construction (w/m/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and construction of production facilities and infrastructure. The Team does this by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to: 1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule; 2) establish reasonable baselines; 3) identify and manage risk; and 4) track, monitor, and report project performance. The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Tesla is seeking a seasoned German speaking Project Controls Manager with relevant construction experience to support the buildout of Tesla’s global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible to lead and grow a team of cost, estimating, scheduling and risk professionals.
- Effectively manage project scope, schedule, budget, timeline and resources. Ensure the most effective project delivery tools are used and service delivery is outstanding
- Embed a robust breakdown structure, integrating the data from each of the controls functions.
- Coordinate and lead estimating sessions to reach an agreed, market tested cost baseline with a focus on value for money and budget realism.
- Coordinate and lead planning sessions and workshops to compile the master project schedule baseline, ensuring an achievable duration.
- Understand procurement principals, collating lead times within the schedule to communicate the prioritization of ordering materials and equipment to meet scheduled install dates.
- Manage the risk management process, including being responsible for qualitative and quantitative assessments to support cost and schedule predictability.
- Stakeholder management ensuring all key stakeholders sign off the baseline and have visibility of regular progress updates.
- Embed a robust update process, ensuring schedule, interfaces, cost, risk and changes are managed effectively.
- Control costs with your knowledge of conceptual estimating, funding stage gates, basic contingency principals, procurement principals.
- Lead the change management process and work flow, providing a platform for adding/ tracking/ monitoring/ approving change in a timely fashion.
- Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline using lead and lag indicators, reporting effectively any remedial actions in a timely manner
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Proven experience as Project Controls Manager in a major construction program (> $1 billion)
- Proficiency with controls/ general software applications such as Primavera (P6), Power BI, Microsoft Office Applications