Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this is our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
A Reliability Engineer in the Equipment Engineering team will be a part of operating, sustaining, and improving some of the most advanced and never realized manufacturing equipment in the world. The best candidate for the position has a high aptitude to learn new skillsets in the position. The expectation is that the engineer will start with strengths in each field and then learn all other areas from those who work with them. This role requires capability across the board to sustain all parts of the automated equipment. The expectation is not that you arrive on day 1 with this capability, but that you have the aptitude and desire to learn all aspects of automation.
- Work collaboratively with design, product excellence, production operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance, and other cross functional teams as the expert to ensure production lines run in a safe, efficient manner producing high quality parts.
- Lead equipment upgrades with a focus on serviceability, reliability, and process capability.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization of automated lines
- Become owner / subject matter expert to drive equipment-related process improvement including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Build training material, maintenance routines, service bulletins, and related documentation related to cradle to grave equipment life cycle management
- Develop and improve equipment validation procedures including calibration and qualification
- Identify equipment critical spare parts and ensure sufficient coverage to prevent extended downtime situations
- Provide hands-on support to maintenance team to troubleshoot and resolve extended downtime situations.
- Familiarity with SPC and development of equipment related OCAPs
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Experience working as Maintenance technicians before being an Engineer
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good overall computer skills with demonstrated ability in a programming language
- Structured problems solving methodologies (DMAIC, 8D, etc.)
- Able to work under intense time pressure in the presence others
- Experience in automotive or high-volume manufacturing is highly desired
- Willing to go the “Extra Mile” as determined by project needs
- Be committed to Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy
- Fluent language skills in English or German