We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead, support, and
manage Material Flow Process Engineers and Engineering Techs in a fast-paced manufacturing
This person will build a strong and capable team that can drive continuous
improvement, optimization, and 5S projects across the manufacturing line by
focusing on automated, assisted, and manual processes. The successful candidate
is a self-starter, has strong leadership capabilities, and is able to manage
multiple projects and priorities at the same time. This role requires working
closely with Production Leaders and Associates, as well as Materials,
Industrial Engineering, and other departments, in order to drive projects to
up and manage a team of Material Flow Engineers and Engineering Techs on
process improvement projects to improve quality, increase yield, improve
safety, and reduce cost for Material Handling.
and implement innovative and economic material handling solutions.
- Set priorities for the team based on Supply Chain, Logistics
structure, Production, and business needs, as well as on data analysis of
build quality, efficiency, rate, and cost, in order to streamline and
improve Material Handling as a whole.
- Drive projects to balance processes, improve tools, manage the order
of operations, optimize labor training and utilization, reduce waste, and
reduce variability. Align projects to drive Material Handling goals by
reducing total number of defects and defects per vehicle, hours of labor
per vehicle, safety incidents, and vehicles produced per hour.
- Work cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Pilot Associates, Design
Engineering, NPI, MRB, and other teams to define, qualify, and track new
or modified processes and all associated work instructions, equipment,
tools, materials, and training.
- Manage supporting activities for Engineering and Manufacturing
including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling
improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures.
- Ensure processes provide a high level of safety and ergonomic
- Provide informal leadership and drive collaboration and prioritization
with other Process Engineers within Material Handling and other teams.
- Ability to mentor and develop a strong team through selective
recruitment, thorough and consistent on-boarding process, training, and
coaching, and identification and addressing of competency gaps within
team. Management of team includes proactively planning for labor needs in
light of production ramp up, communicating job expectations, performing
employee performance and objectives reviews, and managing team in
alignment of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and lead effectively with a team within a
manufacturing and engineering organization.
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and take-charge attitude. This candidate is
able to work independently and set the team’s priorities based on competing
and urgent needs.
- Proficient in lean Logistics and manufacturing methodologies.
- Fluent English and German language skills.
- Good leadership skills
- Strong analytical capability and familiarity with analytical and
statistical software systems.
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for both learning
systems quickly and teaching them to others.
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better,
cheaper, faster in alignment with the aggressive Tesla approach to
revolutionary product development.
- Data collection and analysis experience, ideally in a Test or Quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence in
presenting to the upper management.
- BS/MS degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Logistics or equivalent.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a material handling, assembly,
manufacturing or maintenance environment. Automotive background is
- Experience in managing of a team of experts.