Manager of Maintenance General Assembly - Leitung der Instandhaltung in der Fahrzeugmontage (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is looking for exceptional maintenance leader with a wide skillset and deep understanding of equipment maintenance to join our General Assembly team. The Manager will be responsible for managing, inspiring and developing a team made up of Supervisors, Associates, Technicians and Leads. The Manager provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to their direct reports, and takes pride in their hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded. The ideal candidate excels at resource allocation and has a very hands-on attitude. This individual recognizes the discipline required to keep production equipment running, but has the flexibility to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure adherence to a safe work culture and improve upon safety as needed
- Develop and maintain maintenance procedures & schedules for existing and future equipment
- Train, develop, and manage the maintenance team
- Provide reports on equipment status as needed
- Work with engineering and operations regularly to ensure needs are aligned
- Work with inventory management to track and maintain spares and specialized tooling
- Manage and coordinate contract services as needed
- At least 7+ years’ experience in an equipment maintenance and at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field preferred.
- Experience working in fast paced production environments
- Experience in highly automated facilities.
- Strong record of maintenance management in a production setting.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of production systems and processes.
- Experience managing teams of people in a production environment.
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success.
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings.
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).