Tesla is accelerating the world's transition
to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed
within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only
possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for
rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important
pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement
ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand
this success story together.
The Operations Manager, Castings will be
responsible for meeting production forecast and ensuring policies and
procedures are carried out to achieve established company goals. The Operations
Manager will lead the Production teams with a focus on Safety, Quality, Shop
Capacity and Cost. This position reports to the Gigafactory Berlin, Sr. Manager
- Accountability for key shop metrics: First Time Through, Overall
Equipment Efficiency, Safety Matrix, Quality Targets and Daily Production Plan.
- Support and meet all business plans, capacity & headcount targets,
and Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring
optimal use of resources and adherences to best safety practices.
- Help with implementation of and continued adherence to Lean
manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Assess and analyze current practices and drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure consistency in standards and documentation; monitor and ensure
- Maintain and improve process control systems.
- Monitor and evaluate product key characteristics.
- Support new product and material introductions. Interact with design
team to coordinate new model launches.
- Develop, chart, track process metrics. Manage and trend process
- Interact with Quality Management Team to correct, contain, and resolve
vehicle quality concerns.
- Support and manage continuous improvement activities in safety,
environmental, quality, cost, efficiency, and productivity objectives; provide
feedback to management on issues; benchmark other organizations for best
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management Systems
(BMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements.
- Enforce proper material management procedures.
- Leads in the interviewing, hiring, training, and decision-making process
for all production supervisors, production associates and production engineer
- BS/MS degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of prior manufacturing experience in leadership positions.
- Experience in a HPDC (High Pressure Die Casting) Production environment.
- Must be fluent in the English or German languages.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet
tight deadlines with strong follow through.
- Good understanding of standardized processes.
- Ability to foster close working relationships with team members and
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Extensive budget management experience.
- Skilled in leading, coaching and developing direct reports across a
broad range of engineering and technical disciplines.
- Broad experience with lean manufacturing systems and methodologies,
including; Tier Accountability, Layered Auditing, Continuous Improvement and
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial planning for a
large associate team.
- Availability to cover shifts for all scheduled PTO / absences as needed.
- Availability for off-hours calls.
Application for this role needs to be done in English