Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is looking for exceptional manufacturing leaders to join our team. We have several exciting openings for Managers. The Manager will be responsible for managing, inspiring and developing a team made up of Supervisors, Associates, Technicians and Leads. The Manager provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to their direct reports, and takes pride in their hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
• Accountability for key shop metrics: First Time Through, Overall Equipment Efficiency, Safety, Quality Targets and Daily Production Plan
• Support and meet all business plans, capacity & headcount targets, and Key Performance Indicators
• Maintain high product quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherences to best safety practice
• Support and manage continuous improvement activities in safety, environmental, quality, cost, efficiency, and productivity objectives; provide feedback to management on issues; benchmark other organizations for best practices
• Ensure consistency in standards and documentation as well monitor and ensure compliance
• Support new product and material introductions, interact with design team to coordinate new model launches
• Monitor and evaluate product key characteristics and interact with Quality Management Team to correct, contain, and resolve vehicle quality concerns
• Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management Systems (BMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements
• Manage Supervisors, Leads and Production Associates, develop the team structures and training programs as well hiring plans
• BS/MS degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years of prior manufacturing experience in leadership positions.
• Fluent in English & German
• Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through
• High-level leadership and decision-making skills
• Extensive budget management experience, forecasting and financial planning for a large associate team
• Skilled in leading, coaching and developing direct reports across a broad range of engineering and technical disciplines
• Broad experience with lean manufacturing systems and methodologies, including; Tier Accountability, Layered Auditing, Continuous Improvement and Kaizen Activities
• Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
• Availability for off-hours calls.