Manager Vehicle Operations Planning and Systems – Leitung der Produktionssteuerung - (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin - Brandenburg
||Berlin Gigafactory, Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is looking for exceptional leaders to join our team. The Vehicle Operations Planning and Systems Manager will be responsible for managing, inspiring and developing a team made up of Planner, Controller and Industrial Engineers. The Manager leads a functional team of day to day to tactical management of factory operations (Support planning and business systems for 24 by 7 operation) and long term strategic capacity planning to maximize the output of Tesla’s vehicle factory with the use of optimum resources. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Manage overall factory vehicle build plan and prioritization around the demand and supply.
- Develop Monthly Master Production Schedule to establish lead time for all supply chain by considering demand requirements while maintaining efficiency within each operations shop.
- Continually monitor factory KPI (production priorities, capacity and availability of equipment/labor/materials) while maximizing output.
- Work closely with sales and logistics to manage vehicle inventory strategy based on business criticality, forecast accuracy, lead timeand min/max levels.
- Manage vehicle operations control team which coordinates day to day tactical execution in factory e.g. Powertrain, Casting, Stamping, Body in White, Paint, General Assembly), all the planning teams (scheduling, material planning, demand planning), IT, Logistics, New Production Introduction, and Engineering.
- Coordinate factory downtime across different shops, IT teams and systems team to facilitate required maintenance.
- Run daily multisite factory alignment meeting to ensure maximum output by identifying and escalating major limiter to production plan.
- Track actual versus planned performance reporting. Understand explanations of failures to execute the production plan.
- Help shape our business systems roadmap (eg. manufacturing execution system) and portfolio to accelerate growth and scale.
- Participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and decision making process for all new hires in the Vehicle Operations Planning and Systems team.
- 6+ years of prior manufacturing experience in leadership positions.
- Fluent in English & German
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills
- Extensive budget management experience, forecasting and financial planning for a large associate team
- Skilled in leading, coaching and developing direct reports across a broad range of engineering and technical disciplines
- Broad experience with manufacturing and planning systems and methodologies
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Availability for off-hours calls.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.