Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and
successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms
the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe.
The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation
and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to
continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is looking for a
highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to Design new High Pressure Die Casting
Lines and Facilities. This will include Specifying and Laying out new
Equipment, such as Melt Furnaces, Die Cast Machines, Trimming Stations and
Finishing lines. In addition to specifying and procuring equipment, there
will also be numerous items, e.g. fixtures, to design and fabricate
The responsible Engineer
will then follow up the Fabrication, Installation, Integration, Commissioning
and Ramping the Lines to the point of hand over to a Sustaining Production
Operations organization. Handover will require demonstration of assumed
equipment performance (OEE), with all supporting documentation, such as Work
Instructions, Maintenance Procedures, etc. Following hand over, the
Engineer will move on to development of the next line, but in many cases,
multiple lines will be in various stages of development simultaneously, so
effective multitasking and time management of dynamic priorities is a key.
- Design cell layout, manufacturing equipment and
fixtures (2D and 3D).
- Lead design and equipment
integration between in house tools and external suppliers` equipment
- Design manufacturing equipment and fixtures.
- Develop manufacturing processes.
- Drive design for manufacturability.
- Commission, integrate, troubleshoot.
- Lead the investigation and adoption of new
manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Collaborate with small teams on in-house
development of novel and complex automation equipment.
- Develop specifications for custom automation equipment.
- Closely collaborate with external equipment
suppliers on custom automation equipment design.
- Manage external equipment integrators from
equipment development through buyoff.
- Validate and characterize new equipment and
fixtures for production implementation.
- Design production workstations for ergonomics and
Evidence of exceptional ability
Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in 2D (AutoCad) and 3D (Solidworks preferred, Inventor or Catia will be considered)
Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment integration