Manufacturing Engineer / Fertigungsingenieur (m/w/d), Battery Cell Assembly - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Battery Cell Manufacturing Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly-motivated Manufacturing Engineer to contribute to the development and ramp of battery cell manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting-edge Tesla Battery. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world class manufacturing facilities.
Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product. In addition to developing working on ramping the line the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and roll-out equipment to production. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. The candidate appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. The candidate looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Led the development of industrial equipment that captures shop processes, tooling-, jig-, conveyance design trough equipment definition, selection, integration and commissioning.
- Ensure production equipment meet uptime, availability and reliability metrics-yield, OEE, cycle time and quality.
- Drive root cause analysis through process and equipment expertise, correlate with upstream/downstream processes.
- Support and troubleshoot production problems by PLC, HMI, or tool management software, and implement changes/improvements.
- Actively use tool data sources (e.g. MES reports) to quantitatively evaluate and track tool performance and create programs to improve relevant metrics.
- Work independently and with vendors to understand root cause of failures, propose design or component changes, and implement and validate equipment modifications.
- Develop and deliver training to operations and maintenance technicians to ensure and /seamless handover of new equipment.
- Generate and maintain documentation including machine and process specifications, drawings, BOM, spare parts, PFMEA, control plan, process flow chart.
- Either a BS with 5+ years’ relevant experience or an MS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Multiple years of experience in a production environment and/or proven manufacturing development track record.
- Position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require passion, persistence, innovative thinking and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with mass production, Automated manufacturing equipment, Continuous motion, Laser applications, Vision systems, dispensing of low viscous liquids, High speed material transport, Winding, Electrolyte filling or Battery Cell assembly is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.