Manufacturing Engineer (m/w/d), Cell Engineering (Mixing) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Cell Manufacturing Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to contribute to manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries. The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world class manufacturing facilities. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product. In addition to developing manufacturing equipment, the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and roll-out equipment to production.
- Drive ramp of exciting new line by characterizing baseline performance and capability of each system and drive actions to maintain or improve performance as measured by product quality and tool availability.
- Development of the manufacturing process to use the equipment and ensure that all equipment, processes and methodologies comply with applicable standards, company policy and all Health and Safety Laws, Acts, Regulations and Codes.
- Generate and maintain documentation including machine and process specification, drawing, BOM, spare part, PFMEA, control plan, process flow chart.
- Develop manufacturing metrics and key performance indices and implement metrology to measure all critical quality and safety related process items and capture in data base system.
- Design layout of the production workstations for product flow, ergonomics, and efficiency.
- Electrical and pneumatic component selection and schematic drafting – AutoCAD electrical preferred.
- Generate machine qualification checklist and manage to install, commission and start-up equipment balancing speed and safety.
- Create manufacturing introduction and deliver training to operations and maintenance technicians to ensure and seamless handover of new equipment.
- Support to schedule production, maintenance and schedule to enhance throughput, efficiency and safety.
- Analyze production with statistical software (JMP or R preferred) to understand manufacturing uptime, availability and reliability metrics-yield, OEE, cycle time, quality and investigate bottlenecks to identify root cause and countermeasure to maximize throughput.
- Actively use tool data sources (e.g. MES reports, MySQL) to quantitatively evaluate and track tool performance and create programs to improve relevant metrics.
- Coordinate continuous improvement measures to ensure that project lessons learnt are captured and knowledge is transferred across the team and organization.
- Work independently and with vendors to understand root cause of failures, propose design or component changes, and implement and validate equipment modifications.
- Collaborate with Design and Quality teams on metrology equipment and define process and product specification.
- Either a BS with 2+ years’ relevant experience or an MS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent.
- Hands-on, with a passion to implement and work on ramping a manufacturing line including experience with mechanical automation equipment, robots, design of electromechanical systems, PLCs, motion controls.
- Position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, innovative thinking and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with semi-automated / automated manufacturing equipment a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.
Application for this position must done in English