Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to
sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within
a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible
through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling
out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for
this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we
achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success
The successful candidate will have technical knowledge
and Manufacturing Engineering experience within a high-volume manufacturing
environment - specifically, experience in managing new product and technology
introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization,
upgrades and modifications. In addition to developing manufacturing equipment
and processes, Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout
the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering,
Quality and Production to take new vehicle designs or design changes from
initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
Knowledge and experience of project life cycle from FEED through to equipment
handover is essential. Experience in automotive paint processes is preferred in
an operations, maintenance or design capacity.
- Lead the manufacturing line design and launch –
bid package development, vendor selection, front-end engineering design,
design reviews, fabrication, acceptance testing, construction,
installation, commissioning and handover to operations.
- Manage project execution to ensure they are
delivered to scope, on time and on budget. Procure equipment, track budget
costs, and project schedules.
- Develop initial manufacturing strategies for new
projects by performing detailed feasibility, project timing and cost
- Participate in engineering activities with the
product design team ensuring that flexible, cost effective, robust and
reusable processes and equipment are implemented.
- Provide technical support for the assessment of
different manufacturing scenarios.
- Identify, investigate, test and validate new
innovative technology and work methods for future implementation (e.g.
virtual manufacturing environment, product feasibility simulation,
- Support sourcing activities including
identification of potential suppliers and technical evaluations of
- Iterate engineering design to meet functional
requirements and lead vendors through mechanical, electrical and software
- Install, commission and start-up equipment
balancing speed and safety.
- Ensure manufacturing lines meet uptime,
availability and reliability metrics – OEE, cycle time, quality and first
- Develop and deliver training to operations and
maintenance technicians to ensure and seamless handover of new
- Coordinate continuous improvement measures to
ensure that project lessons learnt are captured and knowledge is
transferred across the team and organization.
- Ensure that all equipment, processes and
methodologies comply with applicable standards, company policy and all
Health and Safety Laws, Acts, Regulations and Codes.
- Travel is expected – e.g. for vendor visits,
equipment installation and commissioning.
- Bachelor's Degree in
Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Chemical
Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Manufacturing Engineering experience across all
phases of a product program (from concept planning through to execution).
- 5+ years Paint Manufacturing Engineering
- Must be fluent in the English language (speaking
German is a big plus).
- Knowledge of powder coating application for aesthetics
and/or dielectric performance required.
- Industrial experience with powder coating systems
- Experience of designing powder coating equipment
for large scale automation is advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient in 3D CAD tools and Simulation tools
(CATIA, Delmia, and Witness or similar such as TC, Process Designer,
Process Simulate would be considered an advantage).
- Good overall people management skills.
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is
- Knowledge of all four ME categories is preferred
(Equipment, Process, Infrastructure and Instrumentation, Controls and
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the
world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share
a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes
competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are
offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances,
relocation and commuting support.
Application for this role needs to be done in English