Manufacturing Engineer, Press/Stamping lines - Gigafactory Berlin (m/w/d)
||Engineering & Information Technology
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Stamping Engineer, who will be responsible for design and development of new press lines and/or modifications to existing press lines.
- Reports directly to the Senior Manager
- Responsible for design, installation and commissioning activities for stamping press lines (both tandem and transfer lines)
- Supports equipment design RFQ’s
- Provides direction and receives feedback from suppliers ensuring equipment quality & delivery commitments are met
- Approves supplier designs
- Ensures that suppliers adhere to equipment building standards
- Participates and perhaps leads the equipment standard documentation development
- Prepares a detailed program plan that meets timing goals and visits suppliers on a regular basis to ensure compliance to timing dates
- Schedules and facilitates equipment trials at suppliers and at TMF
- Provides direction and leadership to Launch Support Team
- Provides a detailed documentation record of “as built” conditions
- Provides direction to Engineering Techs and Engineering Interns as necessary
- Provides a detailed list of high priority spare parts
- Update Equipment Tracking System
- BS or MS degree in electrical, mechatronics or mechanical engineering. Alternatively the equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Stamping manufacturing experience (is a big plus)
- Good project management skillsets to manage vendors
- Some travel can be included with the job, including internationally may be required from time to time
- Kuka, Fanuc or/and ABB Robotic hardware skills desired, any programing experiences are a plus
- Innovative, Business-minded, Capable of working well within a team, Organized and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadline
- Must be fluent in the English and German languages.
Application for this role needs to be done in English