Manufacturing Equipment Engineer, Can Stamping (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla’s cell manufacturing engineering group is looking for a highly-motivated equipment development engineer to accelerate our next generation battery cell manufacturing program. This role will be involved in design, development, commissioning and ramping of high-throughput equipment, while working in a cross-functional team to test, validate, and roll-out process and product design changes.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team to make unbelieve things into reality. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team to make unbelieve things into reality.
- Drive design, commissioning and ramp of complex stamping manufacturing equipment
- Work collaboratively as the equipment expert to ensure production lines run in a safe, efficient manner producing high quality parts
- Become owner / subject matter expert to drive equipment-related process improvements including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Troubleshoot and recover processes by PLC, HMI, or tool management software, and implement changes/improvements
- Ensure smooth handover of new equipment to production team as part of commissioning process
- Build training material, standard operating procedures, maintenance routines (predictive, preventative), and related documentation for equipment life cycle management
- Lead safety and ergonomic improvements to production equipment which meets or exceeds regulations or best practices
- Identify equipment critical spare parts and ensure sufficient coverage to prevent extended downtime situations
- Participate in supplier/ internal equipment design reviews and buyoffs
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time and uptime
- Develop and manage FMEA risk assessments to prioritize equipment improvement projects and ensure sufficient repair strategies
- Provide technical hands-on support to production and maintenance team to troubleshoot and resolve extended downtime situations
- Either a BS with 6+ years’ relevant experience or an MS with 3+ years relevant experience in interdisciplinary/integrated engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical designs related to industrial equipment, with good engineering foundations. Aptitude to learn. Driven by first principle thinking.
- Demonstrated experience ramping manufacturing equipment - automation, conveyance systems, PLCs
- Demonstrated experience with high speed stamping press equipment (blanking, transfer presses, hydraulics, temperature controls)
- Structured thinking and problem solving abilities. Proven through a number of root cause analysis following data driven approach.
- 2D & 3D CAD experience in creating/validating layouts, tooling drawings
- 5+ yrs experience in high volume manufacturing / beverage can industry highly desired
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve
the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who
share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes
competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are
offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances,
relocation and commuting support.