Manufacturing Equipment Engineer (m/w/d), Cell Manufacturing - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Mark), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Cell Manufacturing Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Equipment Engineer to contribute to the development and design of battery cell manufacturing equipment. Battery cells are one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world-class manufacturing facilities. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on designing and developing a new generation of leading edge, high speed, ultra-high scale automated manufacturing equipment. In addition to developing and sourcing automated manufacturing equipment, the Manufacturing Equipment Engineer works with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and roll-out equipment to production. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills, and attention to detail. S/he appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. S/he looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Take equipment from a rough concept to full production
- Manage equipment suppliers or internal design teams through development and deployment milestones
- PO release, FDR, FAT, SAT, SOP
- Develop line layouts
- Development station requirements (work content, automated versus manual, buffering strategy, redundancy requirements, etc.)
- Work with industrial engineering to develop material flow strategy within factory
- Identify utilities needed and utility distribution strategy (PDPs, compressed air, process water, etc.)
- Coordinate with other engineers and manage complete manufacturing line projects with multiple work centers
- Complete process failure mode and analysis (PFMEA)
- Develop equipment timing charts
- Visit and evaluate equipment vendors
- Oversee equipment installation and coordinate with building and utilities team
- Handover equipment to sustaining production team
- Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions to document new processes
- Train others on equipment usage
- Provide necessary documentation (spare parts, maintenance plan, electrical drawings, etc.)
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Multiple new equipment installations
- Large manufacturing lines implementation
- Experience with industrial engineering concepts—such as line balancing and timing charts
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing, and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks preferred, Catia is also a plus)
- Understanding of tolerance stack up
- Experience developing layouts in AutoCAD
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment safety systems (Safety PLCs, safety category requirements, robot safety, safety guarding, light curtains, LOTO, etc.)
- PLC controls experience (Allen Bradley, Siemens, and/or Beckhoff)
- Vision system experience
- Experience with MES and database system architecture and data tracking Python and/or MYSQL experience
What we offer:
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.