Tesla is accelerating
the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and
products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large
scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and
forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in
Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion,
motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for
you to continue and expand this success story together.
The successful candidate
will have technical knowledge and Manufacturing Engineering experience within a
high-volume manufacturing environment - specifically, experience in managing
new product and technology introductions, equipment projects (new
installations) and process optimization, upgrades and modifications. In
addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, Manufacturing
Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product
lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and
Production to take new vehicle designs or design changes from initial concept
through prototype development and into full production. Knowledge and
experience of project life cycle from FEED through to equipment handover is
essential. Experience in automotive paint processes is preferred in an
operations, maintenance or design capacity.
- Lead manufacturing line
design and launch – bid package development, vendor selection, front-end
engineering design, design reviews, fabrication, acceptance testing,
construction, installation, commissioning and handover to operations.
- Manage project
execution to ensure they are delivered to scope, on time and on budget. Procure
equipment, track budget costs, and project schedules.
- Develop initial
manufacturing strategies for new projects by performing detailed feasibility,
project timing and cost estimate studies.
- Participate in
engineering activities with the product design team ensuring that flexible,
cost effective, robust and reusable processes and equipment are implemented.
- Provide technical
support for the assessment of different manufacturing scenarios.
- Identify, investigate,
test and validate new innovative technology and work methods for future
implementation (e.g. virtual manufacturing environment, product feasibility
simulation, throughput simulation).
- Support sourcing
activities including identification of potential suppliers and technical
evaluations of quotations.
- Iterate engineering
design to meet functional requirements and lead vendors through mechanical,
electrical and software design reviews.
- Install, commission and
start-up equipment balancing speed and safety.
- Ensure manufacturing
lines meet uptime, availability and reliability metrics – OEE, cycle time,
quality and first time through.
- Develop and deliver
training to operations and maintenance technicians to ensure and seamless
handover of new equipment.
- Coordinate continuous
improvement measures to ensure that project lessons learnt are captured and
knowledge is transferred across the team and organization.
- Ensure that all
equipment, processes and methodologies comply with applicable standards,
company policy and all Health and Safety Laws, Acts, Regulations and Codes.
- Travel is expected –
e.g. for vendor visits, equipment installation and commissioning.
- Bachelor's Degree in
Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering, or
equivalent in experience.
- Proven project
- Proficient in Microsoft
Office suite of programs.
- Experience designing
automated manufacturing equipment is advantageous
- Proficient in 3D CAD
tools and Simulation tools (CATIA, Delmia, and Witness or similar such as TC,
Process Designer, Process Simulate would be considered an advantage).
- Good overall people
- Exemplary verbal and
written communication skills, must be fluent in English and German languages
- Experience managing
interfaces between line equipment and facilities.
- Understanding utility
needs of manufacturing lines e.g. power, air, water, gas.
- Experience assessing
energy input/output of equipment lines.
- Experience with design for manufacturability
- Proficiency in Part Datum strategies
- Proficiency designing mechanical equipment, fixtures and tooling in CAD (Catia is a plus).
- Proficiency in mechanical assembly (pros and cons in assembly methods)
- Experience developing standard operating procedures and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of a breadth of industrial equipment not limited to pumps, motors, fans and conveyors.
- Experience creating process documentation
- Proficiency in writing PFMEAs
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics is advantageous
- Experience developing standardized work instructions.
- Experience with line layout, development and optimization.
- Experience managing interfaces between line equipment and facilities.
- Understanding utility needs of manufacturing lines e.g. power, air, water
- Experience assessing energy input/output of equipment lines.
Instrumentation, Controls & Electrical:
- Experience in electrical and software reviews.
- Experience commissioning equipment from install, loop checks through to power up and handover.
- Knowledge of Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC languages is needed.
- Experience with HMI and SCADA design is preferred.
- Understanding of electrical design and standards.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve
the world's most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who
share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes
competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are
offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances,
relocation and commuting support.
Application for this
role needs to be done in English.