Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable
energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years
and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through
extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out
Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this
are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we
achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success
In addition to developing manufacturing equipment and
processes, Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout
the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering,
Quality and Production to take vehicle design changes and new vehicle designs
from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
- Interface with design engineering to review the BIW product
design for Manufacturability.
- Develop, implement and maintain BIW Manufacturing processes.
- Provide detailed assessments and critical Design For
Manufacture (DFM) reviews of Product, Process and Tooling designs.
- Develop and implement strategy and plan to achieve these
targets – Quality control plans, Dimensional improvement plans;
- Develop GD&T strategy to support Vehicle quality build
objectives and drive tooling design.
- Develop and implement improvements to existing manufacturing
- Assess in-house manufacturing capabilities and implement new
processes and/or equipment where justifiable to expand those capabilities.
- Implement and expand concepts such as Lean Manufacturing,
5S, Kaizen, etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase process quality and
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering in the
development of new ideas; review of current documentation and implementation of
changes as required.
- Provide leadership and training to Production Team Members
and fellow engineers.
- Work with Quality on PFMEA creation and maintenance.
- Interact with and manage outside suppliers and companies as
necessary based on project scope.
- Provide leadership and supervision to manufacturing
engineers and cross-functional teams;
- Directly responsible to improve overall team manufacturing
engineering skills through mentoring and reviews of others work.
- Select vendors whom can work to Tesla’s exacting
requirements and support long term goals.
- Provide detailed engineering fundamental reasons to
executive team where required about manufacturing decisions.
- B.S. or above in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial
- Several years of related experience developing and launching
complex assembly processes.
- Extensive proficiency creating written and pictorial
documentation of manufacturing processes.
- Work independently with concepts and documentation from
prototype to sustaining activities.
- Work well under pressure while managing competing demands
and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough
circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information.
- Collect, analyze and summarize information to a general
understanding; thinking abstractly and separating complex ideas into simple
- Communicate clearly using written and verbal skills.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with CATIA, 3D experience is desired, but not
Application for this position must be done in English.