Manufacturing Process Engineer Dispensing/Filling, Cells (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Cell Manufacturing Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly-motivated Manufacturing Process Engineer to contribute to the development and ramp of Electrolyte filling manufacturing equipment for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries. The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world class manufacturing facilities.
Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product. In addition to developing working on ramping the line the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and roll-out equipment to production. The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. The candidate appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. The candidate looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Drive ramp of exciting new line by characterizing baseline performance and capability of Electrolyte Filling system and drive actions to maintain or improve performance as measured by product quality and tool availability.
- Responsibility for components implementation, commissioning and programming.
- Drive continues process optimization in current production environment and implementation for future model launches and process improvement.
- Maintain safety in all phases of project life cycle to meet local restriction for person- and machine safety.
- Analyze production to increase manufacturing uptime, availability and reliability metrics-yield, OEE, cycle time, quality and investigate bottlenecks to identify root cause and countermeasure to maximize throughput.
- Drive root cause analysis through process and equipment expertise, correlate with upstream/downstream processes.
- Troubleshoot and recover processes by PLC, HMI, or tool management software, and implement changes/improvements.
- Develop and deliver training to operations and maintenance technicians to ensure seamless handover of new equipment.
- Generate and maintain documentation including machine and process specifications, drawings, BOM, spare parts, PFMEA, control plan, process flow chart.
- Either a BS with 5+ years’ relevant experience or an MS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2 or more years of experience in a production environment and/or proven manufacturing development track record.
- Experience with dispensing equipment for low viscous liquids.
- 2+ years in process monitoring and optimization.
- A passion to implement and work on ramping a manufacturing line.
- Position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, innovative thinking and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with mass production, automated manufacturing equipment, continuous motion, Vision systems, and high speed material transport is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.