Material Planning Manager (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this is our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is seeking a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable manager to help lead the material planning team for the new manufacturing plant. The Material Planning Manager will initially help build the new material planning team. The Material Planning Manager will lead and expand the team to meet Tesla’s needs from plant startup to high volume production.
- Build the new planning team; identify and hire key talent.
- Initiate the material planning processes for the plant; over time transition to managing ongoing execution and driving continuous improvement efforts
- Supervise the planning and ordering of time-critical materials to support Tesla’s manufacturing operations
- Identify and communicate any current or future supply risk. Act aggressively and dynamically to avoid shortages.
- Minimize freight costs and maintaining optimal inventory levels
- Collaborate with other departments such as logistics, purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, service, and demand planning to support quarterly operational and long-term scaling objectives
- Work with suppliers on operational improvements such as JIT deliveries
- Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in manufacturing, distribution, finance, or supply chain management. Automotive and/or startup experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing others
- Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP with a solid understand of discrete manufacturing, bills of material, product lifecycle management, procure to pay processes and supply chain operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management
- Passionate and high energy, with the diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to positively influence others, both inside and outside of Tesla
- For Berlin, fluency in both German and English is a must