Mechanical Engineer Facilities Projects (m/w/d) – Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Construction & Facilities
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Projects Team continuously defines, implements, manages and monitors improvements and innovative Projects within the Factory. The clear target is to be more sustainable, innovative and cost efficient than the day before.
- Facilitates the implementation of improvements in mechanical asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability.
- Drive root cause analysis on process or asset failures.
- Identification of necessary technical, digital and construction related projects.
- Gap identification, set up and successful completion of the projects.
- Planning of the forecast and costs of the possible projects.
- Capacity Planning: Capacity requirements for all projects.
- Establish, implement and maintain both an innovation as well as continuous improvement process.
- Independent decision making on planning details, control of the implementation and ensuring the transfer of information within the team.
- Preparation of calculations and internal controlling of the overall measures.
- Monitoring, securing and expanding the high quality of results and performance.
- Be the interface to several process owners in different organizational units.
- Validation, optimization and efficiency analysis for cost savings and reduction of energy throughout the plant.
- Should be able to provide base cost estimating services within the mechanical scope and work with trades to drive value for Tesla.
- Improve the basis of specifications for installation, modification, quality control, testing, operation, inspection and maintenance of any mechanical system while respecting all safety regulations.
- Provide technical and configuration support for improvements in the implementation and maintenance processes of mechanical systems including tracking techniques and trending software.
- Understand and apply Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) concepts and root cause failure analysis to open-ended problems.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, a similar discipline or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 4+ years of experience in an automotive company
- Expert in mechanical safety procedures.
- 4+ years managing innovating projects with digital, sustainable and quality focus.
- Relevant professional experience in a project oriented environment, preferably gained in a technical (automotive) company
- Experience in managing projects including internal and consulting entities with discipline overarching teams.
- International project experience is of an advantage.
- Reliable Knowledge of continuous improvement projects, project management and quality management (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Reliable experience in digital solutions, IoT and Industrie 4.0.
- Reliable Knowledge of sustainability and green projects.
- Reliable knowledge of different disciplines such as mechanical, industrial, automotive, textile and similar disciplines is preferable.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and good business management skills
- Proven success in project management, communications, cross-functional team interaction, and driving results on time.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, tactical thinking, and time management skills.
- Proven record of quickly adapting to business needs, can-do mindset, flexibility, and fast-learner. Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Tools, Quality Management Tools, documentation systems (e.g. confluence) and task planning systems (e.g. JIRA).
- Proficient in German and English is mandatory. Further Languages are of advantage.