senior engineer will own production launch responsibility for electrical wire
harnesses in Tesla vehicles in GF Berlin. The role will ensure direct constant
communication with Harness Design team in Palo Alto on all design features,
changes, improvements and harness functionality with all LV devices and
systems. He/she will take initiative to identify and resolve all
possible issues locally, working with the Berlin engineering, manufacturing and
supply chain team. Work directly with suppliers to resolve any
design or quality issues.
- Make design decisions, and provide leadership in
resolving electrical/physical integration and optimization issues with
other internal Tesla parties on a daily basis, namely for example: Body,
Low Voltage Systems, Infotainment, Audio, PCBA Design, Chassis, Interiors,
Seats, HVAC, Environmental/Vibe Testing, CATIA Integration, CAE
Crash Analysis, Vehicle Durability and Crash Test, Manufacturing
- Design to significantly reduce mass and
volume/space and to optimize wire bundle routing in the vehicle, minimize
NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness), prevent possibility of moisture
- Work with Suppliers for
Design-for-Manufacturability to reduce assembly complexity, cost and lead
- Design components for ease and efficiency of
manufacture, as well as ease and efficiency of installation in vehicles.
Work with manufacturing and assembly process engineers for successful
- Work with SIE (Supplier Industrial Engineer) to
set up and review production lines at suppliers, including any associated
- Support RC (Release Candidate – pre-production)
with quick-turn parts and make sure installation works properly as
design-intended incl. supporting with a subassembly fixture design prior
to full vehicle being available
- Highlight design concerns (such as high insertion
force on connectors, grommet installation and sealing issues) or
reliability concerns on detailed design features and drive the solution
progress to remove these concerns through weekly tests, follow ups, upper
management deep-dive reviews and cross functional team reviews.
- Closely work with Reliability team to ensure
proper testing on finished designs (vibe, corrosion, torque-to-failure,
- Solid Mechanical Engineering fundamental:
thermal, heat dissipation, vibration, strength, durability,
corrosion-prevention, materials, etc.
- Good experience in Design-for-Manufacturability,
- Hands-on experience in CATIA 3D modeling, mentor
Graphics Capital Harness 2D engineering drawing creation
- Skilled in ENOVIA part numbering, drawing
maintenance, ECR’s, deviations, etc.
- Experience with quick-turn prototyping using a
variety of techniques
- Proficient in project task coordination and
tracking using JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Good at specifying and directing Environmental
Lab testing, CAE analysis, etc.
be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the world's most
interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to
change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and
Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension
program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting