Tesla’s Manufacturing Engineering team is at the forefront of building cutting edge assembly lines and automation cells. This team is operating and developing highly elaborate production processes for high volume and high quality requirements. As a Process Engineer you are pushing this outstanding technologies always to its limits and strictly taken care of reliable and outperforming processes. Coping deeply with all related issues you are driven to work as an expert in detail and take also care for all influences on the process. Continuously improving and optimizing is your core motivation on technical issues.
The ideal candidate takes pride in her/his hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. She/He appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. If you are highly motivated to bring in your skills into the future of mobility even if you never before build batteries than just apply.
- Design of manufacturing equipment; conveyance, lift assists, jig, fixtures, trolleys, etc.
- Develop equipment specifications and requirements based on product constraints
- Develop RFQs
- Provide 3D design solutions and guidance
- Conduct equipment design reviews and provide design guidance to vendors.
- Manage equipment suppliers through all phases of projects.
- Coordination with other process, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines including project managers, manufacturing reps, and other stakeholders.
- Interface with external Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) firms during bid and project execution phases as needed to ensure that designs and specifications meet Tesla Engineering Standards
- Participate in on-field construction and commissioning activities by serving as the point of contact for technical questions and real-time issue resolution.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and functional owners to coordinate project activities and remediate project issues.
- Draft qualification protocols and manage equipment qualification activities.
- Provide equipment validation documentation
- English and German language skills
- BS Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics. Alternatively, the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a technology based industry, where automated assembly techniques are utilized.
- Industrial Engineering experience working in high-volume assembly processes.
- Experience designing automated manufacturing equipment
- Proficiency designing mechanical equipment, fixtures and tooling in CAD (Solid works, Catia is a plus)
- Understanding of GD&T
- Proficiency designing with AutoCAD 2D
- Proficiency creating detailed drawings from solid models for various fabrication techniques (CNC/manual machining, welding, sheet metal forming)
- Proficiency in mechanical assembly (press fits, fastener selection)
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, etc.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc (MS Office suite)
- Travel required – 10%