Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Process Engineer for laser welding will be the technical subject matter expert of their assigned process. Implement, develop, and optimize laser welding processes in the manufacturing operations of Tesla. Optimize product flow though the factory though process optimization that may include tool /fixture selection, line layouts, ergonomic study, material presentation, and other relevant factors. Take care of max. reliability, availability and quality of the process and related equipment. Interface with design, test, and quality engineering to solve problems, improve manufacturability, and implement continual improvement. Sustain products with cost reduction and yield improvements. Work with quality to compile and evaluate data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
• Analyze and optimize laser processes to ensure safety while maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and yield rate in cost effective means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels.
• validate specifikation requirements and adjust criteria to sufficient level
• statistically validate process quality and quality inspection systems
• Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, procedures, tooling, and assembly fixtures.
• Work with cross-functional teams to develop, validate, and improve processes used in manufacturing and manufacturability of designs.
• Enable data driven operational and financial decisions through predictive insights into tool and process performance, including integration of factory data systems and use of software such as MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Tableau and Ignition.
• Utilize structured problem solving techniques such as Design of Experiments (DoE), Five Why (5W) and Eight Disciplines (8D).
• Champion continuous improvement projects (CIP) to maximize yield, capacity, and capability.
• Monitor and reduce process variation using techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
• Participate in the transition of a product from concept to pilot line production and into mass manufacturing.
• Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
• Create and maintain Manufacturing Instructions, routings, and associated processes.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans.
• Implement and support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
• Analyze, develop, process, and implement Engineering Change Orders.
• Develop and modify line layouts, including material flow, waste reduction, and ergonomics, utilizing Lean Manufacturing best practices.
• Disposition Non-Conforming Material
• Develop and train sustaining technicians
• Assist in the training of operators as needed.
• B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering; or equivalent or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
• Minimally 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Must possess process engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization, root cause analysis, etc.)
• Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
• Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
• Comfortable providing clear and focused technical guidance to outside engineering resources, as well as the Production Team.
• Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical and electrical drawings.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• German language skills required