Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla’s Manufacturing Engineering team is at the forefront of building cutting edge assembly lines and automation cells. This team is building the next generation assembly lines which allows our operations team to produce amazing vehicles at best in class quality and rate; in a safe and ergonomic environment.
The Manufacturing Engineering - General Assembly team is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to focus on supporting the scaling of our operations and product range. The Process Engineer will design and develop simple processes to deliver quality and efficient production yield; which includes process development, specification and validation, as well as establishment and optimization of process parameters. The candidate will work closely with internal cross-functional teams, external vendors and technology partners on process development from concept prototype phase to production introduction.
The ideal candidate takes pride in her/his hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. She/He appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. She/He looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Leading product design for manufacturability and sustainability including:
- GD&T analyses
- Development of FMEA/PFMEA, “critical-to-quality” parameters
- Development of specifications for preventative and detection methods
- Process testing and validation
- Documentation of product requirements for equipment specification
- Process development for early concept and early prototype production through to start of production +90
- Technology research and development in design and manufacturing
- Process invention, development, trials, and testing that shape the design of the product
- Process release through detailed manufacturing instructions, workstation and line layouts, product trials, and prototype production management
- Factory design, layout, and simulation for:
- Line balancing
- Capacity simulation and modeling
- Part and assembly presentation
- Specification of hand tools for manual assembly tasks
- Data systems
- Yield studies
- Product launch and process validation
- Draft qualification protocols and manage process qualification activities.
- Lead and provide process validation/qualification documentation
- Utilize statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/pCk) to ensure processes/fixtures are performing
- Coordination with other process, equipment, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines including project managers, manufacturing reps, and other stakeholders.
- BS Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering. Alternatively the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a technology based industry, where automated assembly techniques are utilized.
- Industrial Engineering experience working in high-volume assembly processes.
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles favorable
- NX, SolidWorks CAD or ProE experiences a plus
- Simul8, AnyLogic, Flexsim experience is a plus
- Proficiency in the development and deployment of PFMEAs
- Knowledge of Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP)
- Six Sigma Black belt is advantageous
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, etc.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc (MS Office suite)
- Travel required – 10%