Production Engineer - Equipment, Cell Manufacturing (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this is our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla’s Production Engineering team is at the forefront of building cutting edge assembly lines and automation cells. This team is operating and developing highly elaborate production processes for high volume and high-quality requirements. As a Equipment Engineer you are pushing these outstanding technologies always to its limits and strictly taken care of reliable and outperforming processes. Coping deeply with all related issues you are driven to work as an expert in detail and take also care for all influences on the process. Continuously improving and optimizing is your core motivation on technical issues.
The ideal candidate takes pride in her/his hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. She/He appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. If you are highly motivated to bring in your skills into the future of mobility than just apply, even if you never built batteries.
- Ensuring smooth production operation of the manufacturing equipment for a specific production segment; lift assists, jig, fixtures, trolleys, etc.
- Responsible for the optimization of the efficiency as well as performance level
- Monitoring and continuous optimization of processes
- Responsible for troubleshooting and sustainable problem solving
- Customize equipment specifications and requirements based on product constraints
- Coordination with other process, mechanical, electrical and support disciplines
- Participate in on-field construction and commissioning activities by supporting manufacturing engineering team
- Project management for the optimization of production processes and production facilities
- BS Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics. Alternatively, the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a technology-based industry, where automated production techniques are utilized e.g. packaging, filling, food, paper, roll to roll processes, printing, automotive, cell, clean & dry room, powder mixing, mixing, chemicals
- Operations experience working in high-volume production processes
- Experience improving automated manufacturing equipment
- Proficiency designing mechanical equipment, fixtures and tooling in CAD (Solid works, Catia is a plus)
- Proficiency in mechanical assembly (press fits, fastener selection)
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, etc.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc (MS Office suite)
- English or German language skills