Production Engineer - Process Engineering, Cell Manufacturing (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Grünheide (Gigafactory Berlin), Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Process Engineer for Cell will be the technical subject matter expert of their assigned process. He/she will be expected to determine the most effective method(s) of processing while improving cycle times, reducing downtime, lowering cost, and driving improvements in overall vehicle quality in order to ensure the continued performance of the process.
- Analyze and optimize production processes to ensure safety while maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness in cost effective means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to maximize yield, capacity, and capability.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, procedures, tooling, and assembly fixtures.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, validate, and improve processes used in manufacturing and manufacturability of designs.
- Support new model/product introductions in coordination with Design Engineering, New Product Introduction team, Quality, and other parties as needed.
- Enable data driven operational and financial decisions through predictive insights into tool and process performance, including integration of factory data systems and use of software such as MySQL, Python, JMP, Tableau and Ignition.
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques such as Design of Experiments (DoE), Five Why (5W) and Eight Disciplines (8D).
- Monitor and reduce process variation using techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Create and maintain Standard Work Instructions for assigned processes.
- Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans.
- Develop and modify line layouts, including material flow, waste reduction, and ergonomics, utilizing Lean Manufacturing best practices.
- Develop and train Process technicians.
- Assist in the training of associates as needed.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering; or equivalent or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Minimally 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, e.g. packaging, filling, food, paper, roll to roll processes,
printing, automotive, cell, clean & dry room, powder mixing, mixing, chemicals
- Must possess process engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Strong team working skills at all levels of an organization, especially skilled at working with direct labor to understand challenges and work on developing optimal solutions using structured methods.
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
- Comfortable providing clear and focused technical guidance to outside engineering resources, as well as the Production Team.
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- German or English language skills required