Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. You will push your limits, and work with talented teams in turning the unbelievable into reality. You will foster an environment where superior work is rewarded, and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building new teams and leading complex, high-volume production teams in areas like cell/battery production, semiconductors, integrated circuits, displays, etc. This role will lead engineers to improve, optimize and develop the high-throughput manufacturing lines. This is a cross-functional role that requires coordination between many different teams within of Tesla.
- Build and direct an associate manager and engineering team capable of consistently delivering high quality products against aggressive production targets
- Maintain a culture that prioritizes safety and quality through communication, action, and accountability
- Empower the engineering team to collaborate with the operations team to improve product manufacturability and line productivity
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & an environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Develop engineering team for individual professional development
- Organize and prioritize work with minimal guidance and manage priorities, projects and special requests in a timely and effective manner
- Set and maintain the most up to date standards for product quality related
- Completed studies in Business or Technical discipline; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Good experience managing teams of people in high volume manufacturing setting
- Experience in cell manufacturing preferred (other mass production industry is welcomed)
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills in German or English
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Nice to Have
- Experience in one or more of the following: (Dry) powder handling, mixing, spray coating, Roll-to-Roll processes, coating, can stamping, Winding, Laser Cutting, Notching, Laser Welding, Filling, X-Ray, formation