Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The New Product Introduction (NPI) team is responsible for the introduction of new products and changes at GigaFactory Berlin. We coordinate and collaborate with all involved functions to make sure that non-event launches and changes are guaranteed. Thus, we are deeply involved into bringing latest technology to life.
The Role: The PROGRAM ENGINEER is accountable to support the Program Manager by taking ownership for various details and activities required to successfully promote the non-event launch of the program as it relates to the operational perimeter. The position is highly cross-functional and requires effective team collaboration in a fast-paced environment. Regular interface with various departments is required, including manufacturing, product development, supply chain, quality, and sales.
We are looking for candidates for the different production segments: from battery cell manufacturing with focus on process technology until general assembly with focus on automated and manual assembly processes.
· Product Lifecycle Management (PLM): Quickly learn Tesla’s PLM system and consistently help resolve Build of Material (BOM) and Change Approvals (CA) issues by interfacing with design engineers and manufacturing personnel
· Support Pilot Builds and Product Launches: Work with production associates, repair technicians, and engineering leaders on the assembly line to help guide direction and priorities regarding pilot build requirements and production deviations
· Plan for Every Part: Lead a “Plan for Every Part” project for critical NPI programs to prepare all internal logistics associated with a major program launch. The Program Engineer will coordinate the initial tasks involving various stakeholders including supply chain, manufacturing process control, conveyance, packaging and warehouse in order to prepare for a successful production launch
· “Non-event launch” mentality with each task.
· Analyze and report on results of pre-production builds (complete, analyzed, and well communicated)
· Problem solving: You identify risks and define mitigating measures. In case of deviations and problems you systematically apply problem solving methods and make sure that solutions are implemented
· Environment, health, and safety taken into account in all activities and manufacturing validations
· Ensure that NPI processes are followed in all doings (PCA, MRT, etc)
· Author weekly/as needed program status, summary, and issue resolution tracking reports
· Support adhoc requests by the Program Manager as needed in order to close gaps and progress deliverables
Long story short: If you are convinced of the Tesla mission, if you are striving for making your contribution and if you, with your experience and skills can support the team – Welcome join the team!