Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Security Shiftlead role is a critical member of the
security organization who will take proactive measures to protect Tesla’s
Security Pillars. Tesla’s security pillars are our people, reputation, places,
assets and data, which must be proactively safeguarded from any potential risk,
vulnerabilities or threats and the security shift supervisor plays a crucial
role in leading the team that safeguards our Security Pillars. Shiftleads will
report into Gigafactory Security Management. The Security Shiftlead will work
on rotational shift basis between different posts, overseeing a guard force to
ensure they are conducting their assigned duties, implementing Tesla’s security
protocols, standards, procedures and best practices across the business. Shiftleads
will support the Gigafactory Security Management with implementing security
procedures, crisis management planning and guard force management.
- Lead by example, be professional with upholding security
grooming standards at all times and expect and enforce this standard of
- Always work to develop security officers to take on more
responsibilities by providing them with adequate resources, support and
- The Security Shiftlead proactively ensures that security
officers are documenting and reporting incidents by highlighting problems and
is working with security guards to provide workable and practical solutions so
that security operations are constantly improved over time.
- Ensuring security workspaces are maintained in a clean and
- Draft, review, implement, and provide training to staff on
post orders, security protocols and procedures as required or directed.
- Closely work and support Gigafactory Security Manager.
- Oversee security guards and support them with operational
security needs and administration.
- Ensure team members are enrolled and complete companywide
training courses, security specific courses, and conducting daily briefings to
- Regularly set objectives and deliverables for self and
security officers. Provide feedback on staff performance to the security
- Provide feedback to security management on any risks,
vulnerabilities, and threats that security officers highlight by providing
recommendations and solutions.
- Work with Security officers to prevent risks that go against
our policies, procedures, protocols or best practices.
- Ensure that the Security Incident & Intelligence
Reporting Log is regularly updated, maintained and utilized by all security
- Conduct assigned security duties, regular patrols and asset
checks and ensure security officers are conducting their duties as per assigned
- Control, monitor, manage and improve security at all
offices, parking spaces, warehousing, and manufacturing.
- Work with internal security stakeholders to ensure that
risks are mitigated effectively.
- Emergency support for medical, fire or other
- Build, improve, and maintain good relationships with
employees, contractors, suppliers, customers, emergency responders, police,
fire and other colleagues.
- Any other duties assigned by the security management and
- Work in assigned posts as required.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends, shifts and in a
diverse work environment.
- Proficient in German and English.
- Up to date certifications and licensing to operate as
security staff in Germany.
- At least five+ years of security experience and preferably 2
years in leading a contracted guard force.
- Must not have a criminal record. Must possess a valid
driving license with full privileges.
- Familiarity with public safety protocols and police
- Ability to report security or safety hazards in a timely and
- Able to lead and manage people, be professional, honest, and
reliable and dedicated to the development of security officers and team.
- Trained with a valid license in First Aid, CPR and
- Excellent time management skills and excellent communication
skills and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint, Office 365)
- Experience with access control, surveillance, and other
security systems experience.
- Must be physical fit, be able to stand long periods and work
in any weather conditions including the ability to work outdoors.