Senior Architect with Fire Protection Expertise
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
• Manage project progress on equivalent of HOAI phases of design
• Adapt HOAI phases to Tesla vertically integrated engineering and construction efforts
• Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
• Collaborate with design team, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
• Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
• Assist with the review of RFI’s and Submittals during the construction administration portion of the project
• Help develop REVIT families, standard details, and manage BIM files alongside the Virtual Design & Construction team.
• Drive and obtain permits with all local authorities and departments
• Perform design option analysis for cost efficiency, constructability, etc.
• Define and evaluate project specific fire protection strategies
• Evaluate the strategies in terms of feasibility and local code compliance
• Examine the fire protection drawings including but not limited to fire compartments, escape routes, traveling distances, stair locations, and fire-resistance ratings for construction elements.
• Run coordination and design meetings with the fire protection consultant
• Prepare weekly progress reports of the fire protection concept Produce scope of work aligned with each design stage
• Review design progress sets and provide comments
• Track fire protection open items and schedule of the fire protection consultant
• Ensure a right-on-time integration between architecture and fire protection
• Master’s degree in architecture or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
• First Class registered Architect, licensed in jurisdiction (more regions and countries is preferred)
• Minimum of 8 years of related project experience in the field of architecture and fire protection, specifically in Germany
• Experience in working with permitting and checking engineers
• Proficiency in 2D/3D software, such as Auto CAD, Revit, 3d Studio MAX, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and/or SketchUp
• Knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements
• German and English proficiency required.
• Training course in fire protection or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability